Scrapbook Layout - Enjoy Every Day Silliness -
I love this picture of my baby hiding under the blankets, so i wanted to capture that feeling in the layout. By lightly folding the top left corner of the page, a sort of pocket was created. A simple journal card, a simple tag and some cutouts were attached to the top left corner of a 6x11 piece of teal patterned paper. This was then glued to the back of the page at a half inch offset. Just the corner of the fold was glued to the page, so the curvature of the fold was maintained ( I tried my best to not crease the fold line).
|The fold in the paper gives the illusion of a folded blanket and helps add interest|
to the layout.
The picture was backed and layered using Heidi Swapp's Dreamy collection papers. It is attached to the fold by a heart-shaped paper clip, that saves as an anchor for both (picture and fold). A few cutouts from different scraps of papers serve as embellishment for the piece.
|The "More To Love" cut-out comes from a Starbucks card that has its reward|
program details in the back.
The paper used is from Heidi Swapp's "Hello Today" collection, and it came with the word ENJOY already cut. The bottom edge of the 6x11 piece of teal paper serves to back and highlight the cut-out which is used as part of the title -with the addition of some alphas and a watercolor word-.
|To create a yellowish gold for the word, mix Gold and Mustard color shine,|
and apply two coats of the mixture allowing for drying time in between coats.
Since the paper has a pattern (colorful confetti), there was no need to add splatters of color shine or ink.
I hope you like it as much as I do...
The completed layout
- Patterned Paper, Heidi Swapp, Hello Today Collection
- Patterned Paper -layers-, Heidi Swapp, Dreamy Collection
- 6x11 Pattern Paper -back strip-, Teal, Craft Smith
- Paper Clip, American Crafts
- Tag, Recollections, Michaels
- Watercolor word, Heidi Swapp Collection
- Alpha letters, Heidi Swapp Collection
- Stickers, Heidi Swapp Collection
- Cut-outs, Teresa Collins, Daily Stories Collection
- Ephemera, Heidi Swapp MInc Collection
- cut-outs & Ephemera, Pebbles