Sep 24, 2020

HELLO PUMPKIN SPICE & EVERYTHING NICE - Simple Stories


Hello Simple Stories friends!

Nathalie with you today just in time to welcome Fall.  It is probably my favorite time of the year, as nature puts on a show and the weather is just perfect for cozy times at home and walks around our neighbourhood.   Imagine my excitement, when the new COZY DAYS collection arrived at my door.  I quickly pulled it out to create a layout that is all the season and my little pumpkin.

All the colors and designs in the collection are just perfect.   I wanted them to stand out, so i quickly pull the Sn@P Basic Walnut/Dot paper for the background - the dark woodgrain paper makes all the details stand out.  I  added a bit of interest to the background using the stencil and a bit of white art crayon ( the fallen leaves look like a soft shadow  in the page).  Since i had picture of my little one holding her pumpkin, i decided to bring the pumpkins to the page.  For this, i pulled two cut files from Handipaper and cut the images from white cardstock.


I backed each of the pumpkins with papers from the Cozy Days collection. The 6x8 paper pad is perfect to add the color to each image.  However, i also brought a sheet of sn@p Color Vibe Fall - Mustard- to back a few of the pumpkins.



My idea was for the layout design was to have a cascade of pumpkins coming off the chipboard frame -the chipboard frames in this collection are amazing-.  Once i secured the frame in place, i backed the picture with a 3x4 card and then just started layering the pumpkins behind the picture, as if they were tumbling from behind the picture.



All the pumpkins are already bringing so much interest to the background, that all i needed was a few embellishments - and with so many to choose from- to complete the page.   Though i loved the small sentiment in the chipboard frame, I wanted to add more textural title.   I just mixed some of the foam stickers and that cute chipboard sticker to complete my title.   


I just love how easily this page came together.   All the cute pumpkins are the perfect complement to my lil' pumpkin.   I can  only imagine all the stories you are going to document with the new Simple Stories COZY DAYS collection.

XO




No comments:

Post a Comment