Feb 17, 2020

FABULOUS YOU - Scrapbook Nerd



Hi there!
This week, the DT at Scrapbook Nerd is working with stencils to create their projects.  I chose to create my background by combining a few stencils, materials and textures in the background of my layout.




I started with a piece of Marshmallow cardstock from Bazzill.  First i used a Vicki Boutin script stencil and diluted acrylic paint (Dina Wakely) to create the impression on the page.  By applying the paint with a stencil brush, it is easy to control the richness of color and also create the ghost effect of the application. 



Using Acrylic paint helps to prevent the impression from disappearing when adding the watercolor layer ( VB watercolor markers).  Then to finish the background work, i  added a bit of texture using VB Rose Gold glaze and a Kaisercraft stencil.  This time, i run the glaze with a palette knife on the stencil, thus creating the bumpy texture on the background.





While the background completely dried, i used Heidi Swapp's Honey and Spice collection to build all the paper layers behind the picture.  I tried to add the bulk of the papers towards the left of the picture,  for this, i reached for a cut file from Just Nick studio to help me elongate the paper cluster to the left of the picture.   I set all these on the top right side of  the page.





When the background was created, i made sure to add a small section of mixed media to the side of  the page, so that i could balance the layout.  I used a few of the collection's embellishments to create a small cluster and then used Kaisercraft Stickers to construct my title as a link between the two corners of the page.




I love how this turned out, especially with the beautiful Boston Terrier image on the collection.  The following video will show you how the page came together:



Don't forget to stop by the shop to check the materials used in this page, and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment