May 27, 2019

THIS DARLING - JustNick Studio




Hi there!
Nathalie with you today with a new layout that is probably one of my favorite thus far.  I love cut files, and the latest designs that Nicole has been adding to the JustNick Studio shop are just beautiful, I had to use a few of them to create this page





This page is probably the best way to describe me, "Black & White with a hint of rainbow", and  i love it.   To start, I pulled the new Blossoms cut file, and cut it twice from white cardstock.   While the Silhouette cameo worked on cutting the designs, i added a bit of black paint to the background, marking the area where the cut outs will sit.   I set this aside to dry, and went back to working on the cut out.




 
I used the Basic Blossoms cut file to cut the flower shapes that back the cut out.  I set the machine to cut all the flowers from a paper of the Color Fresh collection from Heidi Swapp, and also vellum.  At the same time, i set the machine to cut the new Butterfly cut file to create three butterflies for my design.






The flowers of the cut out were backed with the patterned paper flowers and vellum -for some of them-, but only the center of the flowers were glued together.  The two cut outs were then glued to the background.  I used some of the extra cut out flowers and vellum to add some dimension to the  page by adding a glue dot in between them.






All that was left to do was add the picture of my baby and some embellishments to frame the picture and bring your eye through the layout.  Of course i added some extra splatters before calling it done.





I hope this inspires you to check the new JustNick Studio cut files.  There are so many new designs available that for sure will help you create that special project.  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment