Nov 10, 2018

Play & Dream

Scrapbook layout created for Citrus Twist Kits  -  PLAY & DREAM -



Hi there!
IT is the weekend!  a great time to relax or in my case to catch up with some errands and a few projects.   This project was created for Citrus Twist Kits using their Sunshine on my Mind kits and a bonus sketch that went out to all the subscribers.  But just in case you missed the sketch, here it is:






The first thing that pop to me from this sketch was the row of hearts and the background placement.  Since I scrap 12x12 pages, i decided to stay true to the sketch but add a few extra details.



SInce i am documenting pictures of my niece jumping on her bed, i decided to use the chevron paper from Pink Paislee's Whimsical collection to create tha background.  I cut a 5' strip, glued it to white cardstock, and then hand stitched some of the chevrons to look as arrows on the page.



Since i put all that work on the background, I chose to add a vellum layer between the  pictures and the stitching, so I pulled some of the papers from the kit to create the layers that back the pictures.







To continue with the sketch, I added a combination of stickers from the embellishment kit and main kit to create the clusters you see in the pictures.  I was careful to tone-match them to the background, meaning that i kept warm colors close to the lower bottom of the page, and cooler embellishments at the top of the stitching.




I decided to replace the stitched bordes, and instead just added some of the branding strips and a few extra details that add interest to the page.




To balance the page, I set the title so that it follow the sketch,  then used a marker to add my journaling instead of the typewriter. Here is my take on the sketch:




Love how this turned out, especially the background, and all the rainbow from all the Whimsical collection included in the November 2018 Citrus Twist Kits.  Stop by the CTK friends page on Facebook to check Trina and Melanie's take on the sketch!


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment