Sep 7, 2016

Fur-ever Friends


Scrapbook Layout - Fur-Ever Friends -


a close up to the layout.

Hello!,

It seems that i have so many projects to publish on my blog, that i am taking a day to add them all in. For today's layout, i chose the Millie & June collection to document a picture of my two babies.   I loved this girly collection, and I am stashing quite a bit of it for later use. 


I started this layout by cutting strips of papers of the different collections (I used part of the branding strips of each paper).  I decided to weave the strips, and create a triangle with the weaved strips.  Since, it is such colorful collection, I used the black paper on the collection as the mat for the layout.





I decided to place the picture along the triangle, and add clusters of  ephemera, tags, and stickers of the collection around the it.  To add softness to the picture, I layered pieces of the cut-out from the Flower Power cut file from The Cut Shoppe.


A close up to the picture


The title was created using a font from the Silhouette store.  I used the sketch pens to draw the words, and used an offset to cut around it.  Using a piercing tool, I created a stitching guide on the sketch words.   Blue thread was used to stitched  the pattern.





To end the project, a few more details were added along the page, and used a white gel pen to add my journal lines to the bottom left corner of the page.  Here is the final layout:





Can I say that i love this page?  It is different that what i usually create, but i like to challenge myself, and long time ago decided to never repeat a design, and try a bit of each of what scrapbook has to offer.  I hope this inspires you to try something different for the a change.

Till next time,

Take care!



Materials Used:
Cut file - Flower Power - The Cut Shoppe
Pattern Papers - Millie & June collection - Fancy Pants Design
White card stock - American Crafts
Ephemera, tags, flair, and puffy stickers - Millie and June collection - Fancy Pants design.


No comments:

Post a Comment