Jun 6, 2018

Life is Lovely


Scrapbook layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - LIFE IS LOVELY -




Hi there!

It is Crate Paper week over at Scrapbook Nerd this week.   With so many collections to chose from, I had to go with Maggie Holmes Flourish collection.  I mean her taste in florals is superb, and this collection has become one of my favorites from her.



I usually create backgrounds just for fun, and then see what i can add onto them.  This time, i played with some Distress Oxides to create the watercolor in the background. 




Next I chose to use one of the wooden frames for the collection to bring the title to focus.  Before completely gluing the frame to the bakground, I layered some of the flower ephemera around the frame.



Next I attached the picture of my baby taking care of me (while i was sick) besides the frame, and added some stickers and pieces of ephemera to bring some focus to the picture.




Finally,  the page was trimmed on all sides, and then attached to another paper from the collection.  A few lines of journal and gold ink splatters complete the page.



I love how this turned out!  All the florals in combination with the watercolor background are perfect to pop an everyday picture. 

Remember to stop by the Scrapbook Nerd store to check all the materials used in this page, and all the new collections that are arriving to the store. You can check more inspiration using Crate Paper collections on the Scrapbook Nerd  Friends Facebook Page.

As always let me know if you have questions on how this came together.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment