Feb 10, 2017

Winter Joy


Scrapbook Layout -   WINTER JOY -





Hi there,

I can't believe we are in February already.

Since there is a lot of new pretty paper coming my way, I know that i have to start pulling my stash and using it to document all the winter memories.   Here is my first attempt at putting a dent in my pictures and paper stash.






It all started when  I cut the snowflake images from the Cut Shoppe's Very Merry cut file.   I backed the cuts with white vellum, and layer them in between strips of different papers from the Snow and Cocoa collection.   I made sure to stitch the paper strips together using my sewing machine.  In addition, I used different lengths of paper strips, and attached them in opposite directions on the paper edges, so that the snowflakes will form a diagonal line to the eye.







I have lots of pictures of my kids during the snow falls here in Toronto, this is just one of them.   I chose to layer and add pieces and papers from the Snow and Cocoa collection.   The title was all formed with stickers from the collection.






A little bit of typewriting on some paper completes the look of this page.    To just add more of the contrasting colors, I also added some gold snowflakes to the strips, and gold and black ink splatters to the page.  Here is the final layout:





I love the end result of this page, and how the colors of the collection are perfect to document my teens.  As always let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for visiting today!



Materials Used:
Patterned Papers - At Home, Joy, Let's Play, 6x6 paper pad  -  Snow And Cocoa Collection
Chipboard, ephemera, puffy stickers, card stock stickers, gold glitter snow stickers, word phrase stickers - Snow and Cocoa collection
vellum
cut file - The Cut Shoppe - Very Merry Cut file

No comments:

Post a Comment