Jan 6, 2017

2016


Scrapbook layout created for Clique Kits   - 2016 -






Hello there!

Today, I am up on the Clique Kits blog with a new layout (this was our monthly DT assingment) using this month's "Hey, Sugar" kit,and multiple pictures to wrap up 2016/   I have to say that i struggle with multiple picture layouts, but this came together rather easily.



Feel free to download the cut file/sketch for personal use.


To create this project, I played around in the Silhouette software until I was able to create a cut file /sketch that would house the 10 best moments of the year.   To create the background, I used only the circles in the cut file,  i set the machine to perforate the edges,so i could stitch around the circumference.







Next I used the top part of the cut file, and paper from  the "Hey, Sugar" kit to cut and back the  numbers.  To continue the look of the circles, I hand stitched around the numbers.










Before attaching the number cut-out piece,  I used my new typewriter to create the list of the top ten moments -chronological- of 2016.  Then I hand stitched the flap to the layout, and added small strips of paper to the upper and lower edge of the flap.






I had size the circles in the cut file to 2.25 in, so i printed all my pictures to fit within this limits.   I used a circle cutter to obtain the shape in the circles.   I played around with the pictures, until they were somehow balanced in the page.  I tried my best to color block the embelishment to the thread color used to hand stitch its respective circle.   Here is a look of the entire project:






These are some of my most beloved memories of 2016, and I love how i could combine all of them in one page/  The Clique Kit's Jauary 2017 kit. "Hey, Sugar" made it easy to finish this page/  So take a few moments to visit their website and check all the stuff they have available at their store.

As always you can contact me with any questions on how this came together.

Thanks for visiting today!


Materials Used:
Hey, Sugar kit - Clique Kits


No comments:

Post a Comment