Dec 27, 2016

Traveler's Notebook - My Personal Journal


Traveler's Notebook spread created for Clique Kits  - My Personal Journal -




Hello there,

I hope you all enjoyed a Peaceful, and Merry Christmas!

Today, i am back in the Clique Kits blog with a post about how i used the beautiful (truly beautiful!) Hey, Sugar kit to create a few entries on my personal journal (I use Traveler's Notebooks to keep my personal notes, ideas, etc.).   



The tissue paper used to packaged the kit was used as a background for this page.


Memorabilia can be re-purposed as a means to safe keep the feeling of the memory.





The simple Starbucks coffee cup was broken apart, and then cut to create this tag.


For my first page, I wanted to create a page all about my favorite holiday drink, a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha with no whipped cream and extra chocolate curls.  So i set off to break one of the coffee cups and created a tag where i could right my thoughts.   A way to safe guard all the memorabilia was by hand-stitching a pocket from one of the papers from the Hey, Sugar kit to the page.   All the embelishments, but the coffee cup clip come from the kit and its add-ons all available at Clique Kits store.   Here is a look at the completed page:






For my second page (which came together rather quickly),   I drew a heart shape using two continuous page,  i pierced holes along the edge of the heart and a few in the center spine of each page.  I used some embroidery floss and stitched the entire edge, and used some of the floss to create a sort of string art effect on each side of the heart.






I added the picture of my husband to the right hand side of the page, and used some of the exclusive Hey, Sugar kit printables to create layers behind the picture, and a small cluster at the bottom of the opposite page.  








I added a few of puffy stickers from the Oh Joy collection from Fancy Pants which are included in this month's Hey, Sugar kit, as well as some of the stickers and labels from the kits add ons available at the Clique Kits store.   I then proceeded to add my journal along the edge of the heart.  Here is the complete page:




I am not a pink person, but the colors in the Hey, Sugar kit are just so beautiful and perfect to safe keep all my beloved memories.   Stop by Clique Kits to check all the papers and embelishments included in the kit.

Thanks for visiting today!


Materials used:
Hey Sugar Kit - January 2017 kit - Clique Kits


Wood veneer - Chit Chat chowder - Jillibean Soup
Labels, word stickers - Love and Adore collection - Simple Stories
Coffee cup paper clip - Recollections - Michaels
Stamp - Golden Days collection - Fancy Pants Designs


No comments:

Post a Comment