Nov 19, 2016

Blessed


Scrapbook layout created for The Cut Shoppe  - BLESSED -





Hello there!

Today, I am bringing you a new project  for the Cut Shoppe about being thankful for having my uncle in my life.  He is more than my uncle, i think of him as my father, friend, brother, etc., and i think the page reflects the love I have for him.





To create the  wreath in this layout, I cut the tips of the arrow of the word "blessed" from the Bountiful Blessings Cut file, and welded it to one of the images from the Wreathed in Love cut file. 








 The image was cut in one of the patterned papers from the Dear Lizzy Saturday collection, and a second wreath was cut using a 0.1 offset of the original in white card stock.  I attached the two cut-outs together, and hand stitch them together.








The small branches coming out of the wreath were cut from the Oodles of Doodles cut file, and backed with white vellum.  A large vellum circle was also glued behind the wreath to soften the look of the page.











I kept embelishments to a minimum, just a few around the picture, and a small cluster at the opposite side diagonally.   To continue the look of the paper, the small flowers were fussy cut from the paper, and used along the wreath to  add little pops of color.    Small splatters of black ink,  and the journal lines completed this page:





I love this layout,  as it encompasses techniques that i love, it is simple, and it is all about my uncle.   

Don't forget to stop by the Cut Shoppe Store to check all this cut files, and the many more designs available.   

Thanks for visiting today!





Materials used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe



White card stock - American Crafts
White vellum
Black color shine ink - Heidi Swapp 
Patterned paper - Washington Square and 6x6 paper pad -Saturday collection- Dear Lizzy
Patterned paper - mat - Magical - Cute Girl collection - Crate Paper
Ephemera, black foil sticker - Saturday collection - Dear Lizzy
embelishment,  card stock stickers - Gather collection - Maggie Holmes - Crate Paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment