Aug 8, 2016

Beachy Keen


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - Beachy Keen -


A peek of  the layout



Hello!,


 Summer is almost done, and we are rapidly getting everything ready for a new school year here in Canada.   With that in mind,  I was inspired to create projects about travel and summer memories for my August reveal at Scrapbook Nerd.

For my first project, I chose to continue using the Sunshine and Happiness collection as i find it perfect to document sunny and cheery memories.  For this project, I have created a small video on how  the layout came together,  hope you enjoy it:





I started the layout by creating a  mixed media background using heavy body acrylic paint mixed with acrylic ink to represent the water and sky color of a sunny day at the beach (though my picture does not show those colors -it was taken at 7 am on a rainy day at the beach).  Once the background was dried, I trimmed a few inches of the edges and attached it to the bright yellow paper of the collection.  I distressed the edges of the page, and added some details to the top corner of the page.



A close up to the texture and details on the corner of the layout.


For the title, I chose the Cut Shoppe's Beachy Keen cut file, and cut the word's Beachy Keen on white cardstock twice.  I glued the 2 cut-outs together to add some dimension, and attached it to the layout -on the opposite side of  the folded corner -



the title of the layout.

The picture was layered using a few of the card cut-outs from the collection along with pieces of ephemera.  A small wave cut-out from the Cut Shoppe's Land Ho cut file was layered with the picture to continue the beach theme of the layout.



the small cut-out works perfect to add interest on the page.


Finally, I added some  journal lines, and some ink splatters to complete the layout:








I love this layout, as it shows my son on his first walk on the Pacific Ocean.   I hope you get some inspiration to document your memories of beach days, too.  Don't forget to visit Scrapbook Nerd for all your paper crafts needs, the two owners are great, and offer lots of free cut files and special orders...


As always leave me a comments if you have any questions about this layout.


See you soon!!


Materials Used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe


Patterned Paper:  Sunshine and Happiness collection,  Simple Stories
Stickers and Ephemera - Sunshine and Happiness collection, Simple Stories
Stickers - Better Together collection, Amy Tangerine.
White heavy body acrylic paint  -  Dina Wakley - Ranger
Indigo acrylic ink - Liquitex







No comments:

Post a Comment