May 12, 2016

My Boy


Scrapbook Layout  for Scrapbook Nerd  - My Boy -


A close up of the title of the layout...


Hello everyone!

When Simple Stories revealed some of their newer collections, I knew I wanted the Heart collection to document my late grandmother's memories.  Little did I know that it could be so versatile and masculine that it will serve to document my teenage boy. 


I pulled the inspiration for this layout from one of the cut-apart cards of the collection.  The diamond shapes in the stickers, gave me the idea of using the shape for the layout.    Using a ruler and an exacto knife, I cut diagonal lines to the 4 corners of the paper (they all have the same dimension and angle).   I went ahead and attached the cut corners on white cardstock.   



I left an empty white space in  between some of the cuts,
so that the page will not be overwhelm by the pattern.




The next cut, followed the diagonal pattern, but with an 11/2 inch offset, and so on.  Once I started gluing this pieces, I decided to turn the patterned paper so I can play with the matching patterns.   In the center of the piece I went ahead and cut a large square of white cardstock, and divided it into 4 quarters.   I cut the quarters by leaving a small offset edge to the cut.   I used other papers from the same collection to mat the quarters.  Here is what my final set up looked like before the picture.


I secure the pieces using the sewing machine.  
The stitched lines  add interest and texture to the layout.


 The title was placed to highlight the angle of the paper cuts; it was also sewn in to continue the look of the page.  Though the colors of the patterned paper are a bit dark, I chose a black and white picture of my son.   I used stickers from the collection to create clusters around the picture.



I used the diamond card cut-out to back one of the quarters of the inside square.
The picture was layered using a gold foil paper so that the different elements can have continuity.




Finally I added my journal in the same fashion as the title, and lots of enamel dots along the different points of interest of the page,



the completed layout (crooked stitching at all).



I really enjoyed playing with the beautiful paper for this layout.  I hope you also like the results.

See you soon!!


Materials Used:

White Cardstock - American Crafts
Patterned paper - Heart Collection - Simple Stories
Word phrase stickers - Felicity Collection, Pink Fresh Studio
Stickers- Heart Collection -  Simple Stories
Patterned paper - picture layer - Chic Tags, Cloud 9 collection, Sunday's Best
Title - Wonder Thickers - Gold Charm
Puffy Sticker -  The Happy Planner collection
Enamel dots - Recollections, Michael's
Tab - ephemera - MME, Market Place collection





No comments:

Post a Comment